After a full day of learning, HR Virginia State Conference attendees are looking to making evening plans. In partnership with the Downtown Richmond Tourism Bureau, the conference committee has pulled together some information to help you plan for the “party after the party!” Dinner on Monday and Tuesday evenings will be on your own, not on site at the conference, so here are some ideas and options for evening entertainment that will allow you to see and taste the best parts of Richmond.
- If you arrive early on Sunday, you can check out the Richmond minor league baseball team. The Richmond Flying Squirrels will be taking on the Erie Sea Wolves at 1:35pm at the Richmond Diamond, which is located close to the Richmond Convention Center. Click here to buy tickets.
- Monday night, CIGNA is sponsoring an evening out at Top Golf from 6-9pm. Please modify your conference registration to reserve your spot for just $10.
- Tuesday night, #VisitRichmond is sponsoring a complimentary trolley shuttle that will run on a 15 min loop, pending current traffic conditions. Pick up will be directly across the street from the Richmond Marriott, outside of the GRCC Ballroom Entrance and drop off will be at the Ten Thousand Villages Gift Shop (3201 W. Cary Street). The trolley will run from 6p – 9:30p.
- Visit Carytown: This boutique-lined street is called Richmond’s “mile of style” for good reason, but it’s also a mile of bookstores, candy shops, bike shops, coffee shops, a craft brewery, sushi, hot cocktail spots, mani-pedi spots, restaurants with great patios and people walking dogs. The shops are mostly locally-owned, so you will find things you won’t find anywhere else.
- Looking for a SPOOKY time? Haunts of Richmond Tours will be providing a discounted tour option for $16.95+, especially for HR Virginia attendees, on April 23 & 24. Each tour has 25 available slots. Tour will begin at corner of 5th & Broad right outside of the Marriott. Click here to register.
- Discover Richmond with a Food or Brewery tour. Must register by Thursday, April 20. Click here for more details.
- Richmond SHRM is hosting a networking eventat the Common House on Tuesday, April 25 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Leave your car in the Convention Center Parking lot and walk the few blocks to the Common House and join us for a cash bar and some appetizers- on us!
- If you are looking for more time to network, grab a group of friends and head out for dinner on the town. Richmond Tourism has reached out to Henley on Grace (offering 10% off) and Wok this Way in the Arts District. This link will take you to more information about dining options and entertainment.