Our Mission, Vision, Values
Our mission is to partner in uniting and supporting HR communities, organizations, and the people they serve.
Virginia SHRM will accomplish its mission by:
- Helping HR professionals realize their full potential and how they can add value to the organizations and people they serve.
- Creating an environment for learning and sharing so VASHRM member chapter’s can grow and develop informed leadership.
- Providing the vision and direction to make our communities inclusive.
- Optimizing the resources and relationships with SHRM and share the benefits of partnering with SHRM, Chapters, and other quality individuals/organizations.
An advanced workforce of the future.
- Passion – Sharing passion to bring about innovation and create best practices to improve the lives of all workers and the profession that most directly impact our Human Resources.
- Connection – Building relationships one-by-one and developing partnerships to link HR professionals and others in a collaborative network benefits all.
- Inclusion – Modeling the acceptance of all that makes individuals unique and working with individuals and organizations that reflect those differences to unite in common purposes will serve the needs of our clients and communities.
- Innovation – Demonstrating the spirit of life-long learning and forward-thinking will add vitality, growth and sustainability to individuals, our HR organizations and others.
- Integrity – Sharing a commitment together to thinking and acting consistent with best practices that promote the well-being of all humans and our organization. Being honest; holding fast to these principles; and, holding ourselves and our partners accountable is a must and will lead to success.
SHRM is the largest HR association in the world.
Become a national SHRM member.
Looking for a Local Chapter in your area?
Click here to obtain contact information for your nearest Virginia SHRM Chapter.