Structuring and Auditing Physician Medical Director and Administrative Arrangements: Key Stark Law Considerations
Date(s) - 07/23/2021
10:00 am - 11:00 am
In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of the Stark Law, including recent changes.
He will also discuss best practices for negotiating and drafting administrative arrangements on behalf of health systems, hospitals, medical groups and physician practices.
The webinar will focus on regulatory requirements, key provisions, valuation considerations and potential pitfalls that should be avoided.
Why you should Attend: As health care organizations and physicians develop administrative arrangements, they must manage their compliance and enterprise risk by ensuring any new arrangements are defensible under the Stark Law. Prior to moving forward with any arrangement, the parties should carefully evaluate whether the proposed structure and financial terms support compliance with Stark’s technical requirements and key tenets of defensibility so they will be prepared to mount a defense in the event the arrangement is ever challenged.
This webinar will focus on the Stark Law’s underlying technical requirements and key tenets of defensibility as they apply to medical director and administrative arrangements.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Provide a general Stark Law overview
- Examine critical regulatory requirements related to medical director and administrative arrangements
- Discuss best practices for drafting medical director and administrative agreements and the related financial terms
- Describe best practices for auditing medical director and administrative agreements
- Review processes for documenting fair market value and commercial reasonableness
- Discuss best practices for auditing existing arrangements and potential pitfalls
Who Will Benefit:
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFOs
- Health Care Executives