We are back for the HR Virginia 2024 Annual Conference April 21-24 in Richmond, Virginia at the Greater Richmond Convention Center! In this Olympic year, we are Leading through Workplace Hurdles. Don’t miss your opportunity to connect and network with HR professionals from the Commonwealth, D.C. and beyond!
This in-person conference is an opportunity for our community to celebrate our contributions and become inspired by and participate in where we are going. It will allow us to embrace future possibilities for improving ourselves and building relationships in the world of work.
In the spirit of the Olympic Games, where athletes from around the world strive for excellence, determination, and unity, we invite you to join us for a dynamic and transformative conference tailored for HR professionals. The year 2024 marks not only the celebration of global athletic achievements but also an opportunity for HR leaders to harness the same principles of dedication, collaboration, and resilience in navigating the complex landscape of workplace hurdles.
As in previous years, the 2024 conference promises dynamic keynote speakers and breakout sessions offering a wide array of timely and relevant topics. The conference provides an opportunity to earn plenty of recertification credits for your SHRM & HRCI certifications. There will be plenty of networking opportunities with our Conference Partners and HR colleagues from across Virginia, DC, and beyond!
We have an amazing keynote line up this year:
- Karith Foster kicks us off on Monday with her Lessons in Leadership, Listening, and Laughter. Karith is a Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Expert, Humorist, Keynote Speaker and Author, She is the creator of INVERSITY™- a revolutionary way to address Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Her book, “You Can Be Perfect or You Can Be Happy,” is a bestseller. Karith brings the perfect blend of humor, knowledge and experience while conveying the ever-present need to address diversity, inclusion, and effective communication. She leaves her audiences feeling engaged, connected, inspired, and encouraged to commit to the journey of mutual respect, acceptance, and a greater sense of belonging. As a speaker, humorist, TV & radio personality, author, entrepreneur, wife, and mother, Karith is a positive force of change with her sense of duty and service—along with her riotous sense of humor. “If you can laugh at it you can get through it,” is her motto and the invaluable lesson she seeks to instill in others.
- Tuesday, we will hear from Olympian Luger Ruben Gonzalez. Ruben decided when he was 21 years old that he wanted to compete in the Olympics. After spending the next four years learning the sport of Luge, he was racing for gold against the best athletes in the world. Ruben is the first athlete to complete in four Winter Olympics in four different decades, becoming the oldest luge competitor in Vancouver at age 47, and becoming the oldest person to compete internationally in his sport at age 55. He leveraged his strategy for creating fast results in his Olympic training to create what have become time-tested techniques to excel in business today. He is now a best-selling author, business consultant, and speaker, helping corporations and associations around the world create and sustain business growth…. quickly. Ruben has spoken for over 100 Fortune 500 companies about commitment to excellence, overcoming challenges, and taking bold action to create long-lasting success. Ruben’s inspiring message will help you and your team soar to a new level of performance. His humorous, yet hard-hitting presentations leave audiences with a renewed passion for success.
- On Wednesday, Paralympic Silver Medalist John Register, CSP, will join us to share his message about how to move from the pathway of fear to freedom, and from mindset to mindset. As John moved from Olympic hopeful and Army Officer candidate – to amputee – to Paralympic Silver medalist, John helps leaders learn how to manage change when it’s impossible to bounce back; when an unexpected obstacle suddenly changes the plan, and the original goal is no longer an option. The strategies he provides can help organizations with any type of change, big or small. He shares a framework for resilience and how to adapt through the phases of change, and he shows leaders how to get from inspiration to results.
In addition to these keynote sessions, we are finalizing an incredible selection of concurrent sessions, and attendees can look forward to the opportunity to secure up to approximately 19 SHRM and HRCI recertification credits. Our always-popular Sponsor Marketplace will be bustling with activity and vendors who can help you with your HR needs. The Marketplace always offers a fun and engaging networking opportunity, and this year is no exception. The conference committee is working to working to finalize additional opportunities for fun, networking, and maybe even some friendly competition.
New to the conference this year, we have an excellent opportunity to help the local community! Our Marquee Partner, Anthem, has partnered with the ASK Family Center in Richmond and will be hosting a TOY DRIVE! More details to come, but plan to bring a toy (or a few) to support this great cause.
Individual full conference rates are as follows:
- $550 through 1/31/2024 EARLY BIRD RATE
- $655 2/1/2024 through 3/31/2024
- $790 starting 4/1/2024
Groups of 4+ from the same company receive a $45 discount per person. All group members must be registered at the same time.
Click HERE to register and book your hotel at either of our conference hotels – The Marriott Richmond Downtown or The Hilton Richmond Downtown. Rooms fill quickly, so register for the conference and reserve your room today!
Stay tuned for additional information coming soon!
HR Virginia 2024 Conference Committee
If you like what you read here, subscribe to get our latest updates and relevant content for HR professionals.